Welcome!
FiberBabble Home





Title Censored

June 27, 2013

All they want is to be found.  "Grave Secret" by Charlaine Harris ♦♦♦◊◊

Well, now. In my never-ending quest to provide you with both entertainment AND education, I myself have learned something.

Be careful of the word spelled S-double you-A-gee.

Now, other than the draped festoon of gauzy fabric or flowers, my media experience (TV, movies, internet) has led me to believe that the "S" word referred to gifts or goodies. As in what the presenters at the Academy Awards get an extravagant basket of in their dressing rooms. Or, in my case, the wonderful bag Erin made for me in a swap that was filled with some supa-cool yarny goodies.

But noooooo. (People of my generation, feel free to say that in your best Belushi voice)

When I Googled that "S" word I got a rude-ish education. Other than the official drape/festoon definition, the internet slang and urban dictionary definitions are, well, not something that I would actually want to say to or share with you, my friends.

Cryptic enough? Hopefully I'm still clear enough to prevent you from looking it up yourself. You won't thank me, probably.



So onto the bag and the goodies, why don't we?


One of the groups of yarn-loving people I spend time with on Google Plus came up with the idea to swap project bags. Erin got my name and crocheted this amazing Mary Poppins bag (it holds SO MUCH!) out of 'dishcloth' cotton. So not only is it adorable, it's sturdy as all get out and washable, too.

I stuck the soft drink bottle in there to give you some idea of the scale of this beauty.
And what were the goodies? The remaining cotton yarn and a brand-spankin' new skein of some lovely laceweight yarn from KnitPicks. I'm being strong and not casting on any new projects, but you can bet I've been looking at my queue to find just the perfect one!

Why do I call it a Mary Poppins bag? This is what I carried in it one day.
  • Coupons
  • Instructions and fabric (that's the Longview Sewing block #1)
  • Corndogs
  • Sugar
  • Tea
  • Mustard
  • A scarf
  • A skein of yarn
  • A pair of socks
  • Bell gloves
  • The Dicey Knitting scarf (that's the purple)(remember it's 80" long
  • A pair of trousers peeking out from under the Dicey scarf


Pretty cool, huh?
permalink 2 Comments:
At 7/13/2013 3:22 PM, Blogger Carrie P. Babbled Back:  

Maybe one day I will be good enough to crochet a bag like that.

At 9/03/2013 11:54 AM, Blogger Marjory Babbled Back:  

Hi, I followed you backwards from you link to my blog. Thanks for your interest in my work. I love that you do them in crayons. I have a favor to ask. Could you share your work on my new group in Flickr. It's for sharing items made from my patterns. Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/2296900@N21/ Love your blog.

Want to Post a Comment?

Home